Let’s take a look back at the year that was, shall we? Read on for a series of photos – one from each month of 2012 – to see how much the lad has changed. Here he was a year ago, in January 2012.
Before we look at more photos, let’s review just some of what the lad accomplished in the past 12 months.
- Learned to crawl
- Learned to stand up
- Learned to walk (still learning!)
- Flew transatlantic five times (once from London to New York; twice from Chicago to London; twice from London to Chicago)
- Flew from New York to Chicago/Iowa and back
- Moved from New York to Iowa (for a few weeks) to Colchester (for a few weeks) to London
- Grew his vocabulary from nonsensical babbling to a growing cache of actual words, in both English and Burmese
- Started at nursery/daycare and showed amazing progress in terms of socialization and learning. Also became very ill those first few weeks, but recovered after a couple weeks and bounced back nicely
- Showed an ever-increasing curiosity about the world – sights, sounds, airplanes, toys, books, mechanical doohickeys of all stripes and sizes
- Charmed pretty much everyone he met, especially his proud parents.
Now let’s look at the photos, shall we?